Shipping Rates & Transit Times
Multiple Shipping Options are available at check out.
Delivery Quotes are based on "AVERAGE" transit times.
We support worldwide "Free Shipping" and most products are set to default to free shipping.
To Specify Express Shipping: Select shipping preference at check out. Shipping rates are based on destination, item size and weight.
International Shipments: Allow Time For Customs and Possible Inefficiencies by Carriers Servicing Remote Areas.
- US Express: Average delivery time is 5-8 days.
- CA Express : Average delivery time is 7-9 days.
- AU Express : Average delivery time is 7-9 days.
- UK Express: Average delivery time is 6-10 days.
- China Post ePacket: Average delivery time is 15 - 25 days.
Free Shipping Selection Options
China Post via ePacket Delivery: Average delivery time is 15 - 30 days.
USPS Shipping Items from the Vendor in the USA to a USA Address: Average delivery time is 5 to 9 days.
Methods by Country or Region
Size and Weight factor into the rates
- ePacket delivers to the U.S, Canada, Australia,Finland, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Greece, New Zealand.
- Netherlands Post and Singapore Post support worldwide delivery.
- All packages shipped to the UK are sent via UK Express by default, Not ePacket.
- US Express Mail can only deliver to the U.S.
- (Military bases not included).
- United States Postal Service Carrier: You can choose this fast shipping method to receive orders.
- Small to Regular Size Parcels charge $3-$8
- Higher charges apply for larger products: Size and Weight factor into the rate.
- CA Express will take 7-9 days delivery time, Canada only.
- The average fee is $2 - $5 based on the package weight.
- Carrier: Canada Post.
- AU Express will take 7-9 days delivery time, Australia only.
- The average fee is $2 -$4 based on the package weight.
- Carrier: Australia Post.
We do not have control over packages once they leave our possession.
Delays: Items do get delayed in transit. Delays may be a day or two and are generally due to a countries holiday schedule or Customs backlog.
Example: China and the Middle East take crazy long holidays and everything shuts down during these regional breaks.
Rarely are packages actually lost in transit.
Steps to Take:
Refer to the Tracking Number emailed to you. The address you provided upon order placement.
Overseas Tracking #s will only show Status > "In Transit" until the item arrives in the destination country.
Then the destination country Postal Carrier scans the Tracking # into their system. A delivery date will be assigned and available via Tracking # detail.
If there are delivery issues, please reach out and we will help solve the mystery. :)